Given the current pandemic, in an effort to reduce resource use, workload, and the potential for human exposure, shelters and spay-neuter clinics should make decisions about which spay-neuter surgeries and other procedures are non-emergency procedures and discontinue those that could be deferred. As operations resume we’ll need to re-assess these areas routinely to make the best use of current resources while emphasizing human and animal health and safety.
In this course we’ll cover current recommendations regarding:
- Conservation of PPE
- Human health and safety considerations
- Animal health and safety considerations
- Alternatives to surgical sterilization
- Resources for people living with intact animals
- How and when to return to “normal” or a new normal (we’ll add information as the situation develops, acknowledging that different areas will be in different stages of recovery over time).
- We’ll be creating and adding to an additional “course” on the Re-Opening Process as the situation develops.